Phase 4 - validation
Solmek undertake validation of remediation and produce Phase 4 Validation Reports following on from the on site implementation of Phase 3 Remediation Strategy. These comprise final chemical testing of any imported materials to site, or on site reclaimed materials, to ensure they are fit for purpose and will provide an effective barrier to prevent any potential contamination from reaching the sites end users and sensitive receptors. The depths of any clean cover systems installed are checked and a record of importation tickets/chemical analysis is made.
Photographic evidence and site diaries from visits during the remediation phase are also presented.
Coal Mining Risk Assessments (CMRA)
The historic mining industry has left behind a legacy of issues which can include collapse of shallow mine workings, collapse of mine entries (shafts or adits), emissions and migration of hazardous gases, spontaneous combustion of subterranean coal measures or coal related subsidence. Developments on land affected by coal mining may require a Coal Mining Risk Assessment, which can be undertaken as part of a Phase 1 Desk Study or produced as a standalone document. Solmek can source background geological and mining information to determine the possible risks posed to the site from legacy mine issues. Where necessary, Solmek can then design bespoke solutions to investigate these risks and determine safe and cost-effective solutions, such as amended foundation design (rafts), grouting or implementation of gas protection measures.
- Sampling stockpiled material to determine its suitability for re-use
- Waste Acceptance Criteria (WAC) testing of material prior to removal from site
- Testing of unexpected contamination during development
- Ground gas monitoring for Methane, Carbon Dioxide, depleted Oxygen, Carbon Monoxide, Hydrogen Sulphide and Vapours
- Sampling and analysis of ground gas to determine its origin and composition
- Sampling and analysis of groundwater from boreholes or surface waters